2018 – my best year of running to date.
2018 got off to a flying start: I completed three events in quick succession, starting on 1st January, and joined a running club that same week. I maintained this level of motivation right up until I completed my first marathon in Brighton on 15th April 🙂
Some key points (not necessarily highlights!) from this year of running include:
- I joined a running club – the Tunbridge Wells Harriers. Sadly I left after a few sessions when a judgmental runner reduced me to tears. It’s put me off joining another running club and I have no plans to at the moment; however I’m glad that I got to experience being part of a club.
- I learnt that it’s OK not to do Parkruns! It was a 2018 goal to ‘do more Parkruns’, however I didn’t partake in a single one this year and I have no regrets. I get up at 6am every weekday, so weekends are a chance to rest, recuperate, and wake up when my body tells me to rather than with an alarm clock. I run in the evenings and that works perfectly, because running clears my head and relaxes me.
- I had a Fitbit Charge 2 until I upgraded to the Charge 3 when it was released in October. The Charge 2 was awesome and I never had any problems with it, but I can’t say the same for the new Charge 3, which has had a few teething issues…!
- I took part in Runr’s ‘Miles for Mind’ challenge during May and wrote a blog for them, which was featured on their website.
- I took part in the most amount of events I’ve ever done in a year – ever! 18 events were attended and completed during 2018.
- I ran my first ever 26.2 miles, thanks to the Brighton Marathon in April. I designed my own training plan, too!
- I was taken to A&E and diagnosed with tendonitis just after this, which meant that I couldn’t run for a while.
- I finally met fellow runners and Instagram friends at the O2 Arena Running Awards in April. Such a lovely night!
- My pink Nike Free Runs, Brooks Ravenna 8s and Brooks Ghost 10s are now all between 10-12 months old – which means that it’s time to buy more for 2019! 🙂 Watch this space…
So here’s to a fun & successful 2019 – wishing everyone a very Happy New Year! 🙂